chris18020

Car Dealership

Ever since I joined I have not seen any car dealerships! I hear people always ask about the car dealer. I have applied for it as I use to run one on the server I came from (LSL). I was informed you had to be admin+ and I am assuming this is because of having to spawn vehicles in. When I originally started the other server the developers created a command just to spawn cars in so I would be able to do so. This would be highly beneficial to the server because other non staff members have the ability to run such faction and not being apart of the staff (most factions are staff members and would be nice to change that up). 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

There was one for a while however it has not been decided who will take over it yet. I personally would not feel comfortable giving any player the command to spawn a vehicle in. Especially to give players cars too. I think I speak for everyone on that one.

Edited by Kronus
  • Like 1

That is unfair to the rest of the community. I know a few people here so I don’t mean any disrespect, but it’s not right that the community who have high quality rp who aren’t staff members have limitations or will never have a chance to do certain things. I could be here from day one and work hard and commit and never receive a staff position but that’s holding possible rp back.

• Like 1

The way I see it being able to spawn cars in and give them to players is not something that should just be thrown about. It would have to be someone incredibly trustworthy. Could you imagine the amount of abuse we could possibly get if we give it to any player that promises to use it properly? I understand where you are coming from however the car dealership is more of a service that is offered rather than a business or a faction. I think the system we had in place was perfectly fine and I don't see that changing.

why dont you just have a car dealer that only buys and sells cars from players that way they dont need to spawn anything in?

There has been decided whos gonna run the car store, not sure when it will come into the city. 

@chris18020 I very much agree with your point however I think its perfectly fine for players to run drugs, clubs, bars, and anything except the car store.

The reason for that is the current system is very sensetive and spawning in the wrong car or wrong number plate could cause major issues. Aswell as managing the influx of super cars 

6 hours ago, Jeff said:

why dont you just have a car dealer that only buys and sells cars from players that way they dont need to spawn anything in?

You technically could do that now, you don’t need a job or faction to roleplay out buying and selling cars from people.

2 hours ago, Kronus said:

You technically could do that now, you don’t need a job or faction to roleplay out buying and selling cars from people.

Yer i know just thought id put it out there sounds like the only way to do it

Just my 2 cents .

i think the amount of cars in game already is far to high if anything I would like to see no cars brought in until shit is balanced reason for this realistically most people IRL own 1-2 cars max unless there loaded . Now I get its GTA and money isn’t exactly realistic in game but at the same time if someone wants to RP a dealership as others have said you don’t need a spawn car command for that as there are plenty of cars that could be bought and sold from other players to the point where you could start small and grow from there .

my advice is roleplay it out get in game and deal with it that way.