A player-run police dispatch system

The way our current system works is essentially a computer-aided dispatch system, where the script prints out all available callouts when they're presented to it. It gets the message across quickly and efficiently, but it's lacking a human component to discern whether the callout is real or not (e.g. callouts about car thefts when people enter their cars without locking them). Our current system also puts a lot of strain on officers to both monitor the dispatcher and deal with situations at hand, sometimes simultaneously, in order to prioritize callouts and then respond to the higher-priority callout.

The idea is to employ a human dispatcher, who would then receive all callouts much as all officers do now, and dispatch available officers to them. They would have a list of all officers on duty, as well as their specialization (GDU, HSPU, AR, etc.). They would need to prioritize callouts (e.g. P1, P2, P3). For example, a bank robbery with a hostage (P3) would be higher in priority than a drug call (P2), the drug call would then be higher in priority than a car collision without injury (P1). The dispatcher would then assign officers to callouts based on priority, specialization and other relevant factors.

This idea isn't new and is employed on other FiveM RP servers in various formats. One format I've found, pre-made and open source, is DispatchSystem v2.22 (https://forum.fivem.net/t/release-dispatchsystem-v2-2/44848) which would likely be easy to integrate into our mod (with a few tweaks).  The suggestion isn't necessarily to adopt DispatchSystem v2.22, but something similar.
This could either be a replacement of our current system or a supplement. If our current system is replaced entirely, that would require a dispatcher to be online at all times to delegate callouts. I don't think that's a good idea, and would suggest the supplement version instead:  a dispatcher, if one is online, delegates callouts, but officers receive all callouts if no dispatcher is available (as they do now).

What do you guys think?

(Pictures included are from DispatchSystem v2.22)

e4b5ce6ca98c82fcc85739443037922e.png78258256b01b67ce32d8bbe602b20866.png

Edited by Dashing Python
  • Like 1

It's a great idea but its more of a topic for the police to discuss.

I'm aware of the dispatch system however it's no longer maintained and it has issues and missing some functionality. For example only 1 civilian can open the system at once. Which isn't ideal. And it's much easier for us to write our own and makes more sense. Coming from a development perspective.

It would have to be a supplement because i don't agree having 1 dispatcher on at all times would be practical.

In fact it makes more sense for 64 players rather than 32 but that system is down to the FiveM Developers.

We will just have to see what comes in the future.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kronus said:

It's a great idea but its more of a topic for the police to discuss. 

I'm aware of the dispatch system however it's no longer maintained and it has issues and missing some functionality. For example only 1 civilian can open the system at once. Which isn't ideal. And it's much easier for us to write our own and makes more sense. Coming from a development perspective.

It would have to be a supplement because i don't agree having 1 dispatcher on at all times would be practical.

In fact it makes more sense for 64 players rather than 32 but that system is down to the FiveM Developers.

We will just have to see what comes in the future.

Yeah, absolutely agree with having it as supplemental rather than a replacement.
I believe DOJ has a much better dispatch system than the example one I provided. I'm pretty sure they made their own though. Have you seen or heard of that?

Just now, Dashing Python said:

Yeah, absolutely agree with having it as supplemental rather than a replacement.
I believe DOJ has a much better dispatch system than the example one I provided. I'm pretty sure they made their own though. Have you seen or heard of that?

I haven't I tend not to play on many servers and especially not the trainer based ones. If we were to do it we would most likely make our own :classic_smile:

4 minutes ago, Kronus said:

I haven't I tend not to play on many servers and especially not the trainer based ones. If we were to do it we would most likely make our own :classic_smile:

I'll keep my fingers crossed 😉

Here’s a example of the cad I also have the old DOJ communications depearment SOP (standered operation procedure) but yea if we but the structure behind it then it could possibly work for LEO,fire & EMS if we have a clean smiple system for dispatchers and officers alike 

FB48D0DD-1BE9-4961-97DF-B4C98DDEEF8F.png

Edited by Adam.S
Better image

Great idea of dispatch guys. It just needs to be flexible and work within our current policing systems.

• Like 1

Would it be difficult to implement a command chain like

Admin

Dispatch Director

Dispatch Deputy Director

Director of Operations

Operations Commander

Junior Admin

Operations Supervisor

Senior Staff

Dispatch Manager

Dispatch Supervisor

Staff

Lead Senior Operator

Senior Operator IV

Senior Operator III

Staff In Training

Senior Operator II

Senior Operator I

Members

Operator IV

Operator III

Operator II

Operator I

Dispatch Cadet 

On 12/4/2018 at 2:15 PM, Adam.S said:

Would it be difficult to implement a command chain like

Admin

Dispatch Director

Dispatch Deputy Director

Director of Operations

Operations Commander

Junior Admin

Operations Supervisor

Senior Staff

I'm all for hierarchies, but I don't think we have enough people to man all those positions. I'm sure the dispatch role could be fitted into the hierarchy the LSPD currently has, though.

Edited by Dashing Python

17 minutes ago, Dashing Python said:

I'm all for hierarchies, but I don't think we have enough people to man all those positions. I'm sure the dispatch role could be fitted into the hierarchy the LSPD currently has, though.

Yea we arnt a “huge community” so we can cut out sections like the junior admin and senoir staff positions(

Junior Admin

Operations Supervisor

Senior Staff

Dispatch Manager

Dispatch Supervisor

and to shoten it it was mainly for reference purposes 

5 hours ago, Adam.S said:

Yea we arnt a “huge community” so we can cut out sections like the junior admin and senoir staff positions(

Junior Admin

Operations Supervisor

Senior Staff

Dispatch Manager

Dispatch Supervisor

and to shoten it it was mainly for reference purposes 

Wait, are you on about staff doing the dispatch? Not Police Officers?

No it just the way the CoC was made it just a example. (I cant 100% say) But staff are busy with there own task’s to run a division and haveing them run a divison and be admins/mods could have issues

Edited by Adam.S