FreshTheFallen

A new challenger has arrived!

So...

"Hello!" I guess.

I recently stumbled across some really fun looking GTA RP videos by a fellow named "BayAreaBuggs" on youtube, and while sometimes a bit silly in those vids, it certainly looked like GTA RP actually can be quite fun. Certainly more than the grindfest that is GTA:O... So I looked at a few ways to maybe get into GTA RP myself, looked at a couple of servers...

And here I am! 😄

I'm from Germany, and I do not own or like "Lederhosen", do not drink beer and only occasionally eat Sauerkraut 😉 .

As mentioned before I'm new to GTA RP, but I've had my fair share of experience in Altis Life aswell as dozens of different Pen&Paper RP systems. For the record, Dungeon World is superior to every other system PERIOD. 

Because I do not really know yet what I can and cannot do in GTA RP, and this server in particular, I haven't logged onto the server yet to create some character. I had a few different paths in mind, but some may not really be possible to do, so I hope you folks can help me with questions that arise during play 🙂

Speaking of questions, here are the first few:

1. What exactly can you do on this server? Looking at the videos mentioned above, some servers seem to let you spawn in whatever you need for your RP. I've also seen others, where you have to earn money and pay for everything the hard way, which for me would be rather offputting due to similarities with GTA:O's endless grind. So how is it done on this server?
  2. The rule concerning cop baiting confuses me a bit. "I have heard ;)" that some people like playing as criminals, and as such sometimes do like a good police chase for the added intensity. So how does that work in the game?
  3. For some of those previously mentioned possible character paths, I'd have to be able to fly helicopters and/or civilian/commercial planes. Some servers don't let civilians fly though, how is it here? Also, is there a need for an EMS helicopter pilot? 😉
  4. Do I have to log in frequently (e.g. once a week for 2hrs) in order to not be banned, or is it a bit more liberate on this server?
  5. Are there character slots, or some other way of playing multiple characters, in case I get bored of a character, but don't want to kill it?

Thanks for your time, (hopefully) see you in-game o/

Cheers,

FreshTheFallen

Edited by FreshTheFallen
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Love 1

1) You work for what you have. However if you don't want to grind endlessly for that $3m car you don't have to. Your life on the server is totally in your hands.

2) Blatantly doing stupid things in front of cops in order to start a situation. e.g. wheel-spinning until they chase you.

3) As of the moment flying isn't really a thing. Rules are in the works.

4) You come and go as you please.

5) Yes.

Welcome, hope to see you around! 🙂

It's the next thing I'll be working on. rules should be in place within about 2 weeks. Will make a thread on the forum once everything is sorted 🙂

Hallo Ich lehren Dutch in der schule.  Ich heiße Snoopy. Also my German sucks, Welcome to the server!

Hey there!

Welcome to the community!

Great! Germans are always nice people to hang out with as they are good beer drinkers hahah

See you in game!