HappyRussianGuy

My 2nd Monitor

Hey guys so im planning to buy 2nd monitor and i really dont know if i should buy same monitor as i have now or a little bit smaller for a secondary monitor 

im Currently owning an 

ASUS MX279H 27'' Full HD IPS LED monitor, 80000000:1 ASCR, 5ms, HDMI 

product_image.gif?cimage=import%2Felkotex%2Fasumo-mx279h-19D5y.png&size=800&rand=431767395

Please Suggest  what should i do 2nd monitor of the same or a little bit smaller what do you guys prefer. Any suggestion which monitor to buy ? 

Price range around 300 eu 

Hello, I currently have an AlienWare 1ms, 240hz. I love it, I believe it may be out of your price range however I think the AMD version is cheaper and compatible with Nvidia G-Sync so might be worth looking into it. I would also look for 1ms response time, also 144hz monitors are extremely nice, I don’t think a 240hz monitor is worth it unless your PC plays games at 240. I will have a look into some nice ones for sale when I get home and send them over discord. Hope this helped 🙂 also be sure to forum message any questions and I will always reply. 

I’m disappointed that @Ashjones has not given a godly recommendation for you

I don’t know a great deal about what monitors are best but I think 1440p high refresh rate is the sweet spot, none of that 4K business its just not worth it

Lots of things to know - What is your current monitor specs - what are your pc specs - budget and what do you want to get from the monitor ?

like @Ashjones said depends what u want and for what price i used to use my predator 27inch 144ghz for gaming and the other two basic AOC screens for media and comms display

Paying close attention to this thread as I am in desperate need of a new monitor !!

Currently my main monitor is a BenQ XL2546 240hz and secondairy is a samsung 60hz cheap ass bitch that does the need for being a 2nd screen 😛

I mean does 144hz even help with gta if you dont get 100+ fps? 😂 Buying a screen in march aswell, probably going for aoc 27inch 144hz one. 

Main monitor - I have a 144Hz, 24.5" AOC Monitor, very nice, great for games.

Second monitor - BenQ, 60Hz, 21.5".

It feels disgusting when I'm moving my mouse to the second monitor. 

7 hours ago, shockie said:

I mean does 144hz even help with gta if you dont get 100+ fps? 😂 Buying a screen in march aswell, probably going for aoc 27inch 144hz one. 

Not gonna lie, putting hz on 60/75/100 in the game I see the difference compared to 240. It's not smooth at all when moving or looking around. It's like screen tear all over the place. Now, I do think this might be because of the extra amount of hz, and the special feature on the monitor that eliminates ghosting and makes everything faster and sharper, might test this out actually. Only have done that for CSGO so far 😂 and what nada said, if i have to move my mouse on my 2nd monitor it's indeed disgusting. (So does it a little bit on 144hz in my case since I'm used on 240hz for over a year)

I really just need a 2nd screen to browse while ingame etc 😜 but im not sure shall i put money into it or not like shall i buy something smaller then 27 inch or same monitor to look better lmao 

you can get a 27inch 60hz for about 130-200GBP from a lot of sites 

depends on what you want tho 

i know a lot of people prefer having monitors the same size 

Posted (edited)

Your second monitor doesn't need the capabilities of a space ship, just get a cheap acer predator 24", unless your planning on stretching the games over 2 screens then don't waste your cash.

Edited by Wrighty
p