Simple concept 🙂

Roleplayer of the month

Roleplayer of the year

Group of the month

Group of the year

Community member of the month

Community member of the year

etc

As seen above just a few short simple awards that can voted on by the community (to avoid it being a popularity contest) and awarded out to recognize those people in the community that are setting the highest standards. It also gives an opportunity to newcomers or those wanting to improve to recognize those individuals and perhaps seek guidance and advice. Obviously the suggestions above are just a basic outline the titles could be called anything really to represent the good that person had done 🙂

I was thinking perhaps the title could go under the red line as shown below.

LUWYeCb.png?1

Thoughts 🙂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jamstar said:

What awards would they get tho ?

As stated above the awards would just be a nice title on the forum. I know a lot of people take pride in there profiles so an extra title or award makes it look very snazzy.

To help newer players identify them there also could be an icon in TS 🙂

Edited by Sparky
  • Like 1

I like the idea of awards annually. 

I think it could be cool having some other awards and people are open to suggest some however, I feel like some awards may cause controversy depending on what they are.

As well, I think creating the award as a signature would be better.

Edited by nada

2 minutes ago, nada said:

I like the idea of awards annually. 

I think it could be cool having some other awards and people are open to suggest some however, I feel like some awards may cause controversy depending on what they are.

Well like all things there will be a little controversy but the main reason I suggested this was on the back of what @Wrighty said the other day. Which is "Its like a family" . We should be encouraging people and recognizing those going above and beyond with some fun little rewards that anyone can be capable of achieving or learning from those achieving them. We are all here for the same reason why not encourage each other through some friendly encouragement via the award system 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparky said:

As stated above the awards would just be a nice title on the forum. I know a lot of people take pride in there profiles so an extra title or award makes it look very snazzy.

To help newer players identify them there also could be an icon in TS 🙂

Sounds good to me mate 

It worked before, would like to see a system like that in place here. Some examples may be: Faction of the Year, Roleplayer of the Year, Staff Member of the Year, Clean Sheet of the Year, and Streamer of the Year. These are just some examples, I am sure there are other possible awards. I am gonna give this suggestion a big fat +1 

• Like 1

i have thought of this before however,

I wouldn't want a leader-board/awards/score based on being better than someone else e.g (best staff, best rp'r, best faction) as it could cause easy jealousy and issues.

However id consider awards such as:

• Most time on the forum
  • Member Since X
  • Updated profile picture, banner, video, background
  • X posts on the forum
  • Event winner
  • Donating awards for (6.9, 4.20, 6.66)
  • Etc

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Snoopy said:

i have thought of this before however,

I wouldn't want a leader-board/awards/score based on being better than someone else e.g (best staff, best rp'r, best faction) as it could cause easy jealousy and issues.

However id consider awards such as:

• Most time on the forum
  • Member Since X
  • Updated profile picture, banner, video, background
  • X posts on the forum
  • Event winner
  • Donating awards for (6.9, 4.20, 6.66)
  • Etc

Its a reward system mate it is not about a leader board or people being better than others but recognising the good 🙂 As stated in a previous post like a lot of things it can be looked at as a leader-board / competition but for the most part it will be positive re-enforcement and something for the majority to work towards and praise people for doing so 🙂

And as stated newcomers that come and see for example *Roleplayer of the month* They can then look to learn and seek advice from that person thus resulting in people learning and developing there own RP 🙂

Scenario 1:

Peter: Yes i won roleplayer of the month!

John: Ive been working so hard to improve my roleplay for months now, ive never gotten that award. If nobody notices me i might as well find another server.

Scenario 2: 

Peter: Yes, Staff of the month agian!

John: Ive been on the server busting my ass of, responding to all the reports. Ive never gotten that award, i bet its favoritism.

The same scenarios can be used in almost all awards based on personality and effort. I understand that you probably wont have an issue with not getting any rewards however not everyone has the same personalty and mindset as others. Im happy with rewards based on awards that has an black and white goal, Like post 500 topics. This is something everyone could do if they wished to, having an award for best topic of the month could cause issues in my opinion. I understand that the awards you posted is just suggestions to make your post more understandable and relocatable, but i thought id share my opinion.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Snoopy said:

Scenario 1:

Peter: Yes i won roleplayer of the month!

John: Ive been working so hard to improve my roleplay for months now, ive never gotten that award. If nobody notices me i might as well find another server.

Scenario 2: 

Peter: Yes, Staff of the month agian!

John: Ive been on the server busting my ass of, responding to all the reports. Ive never gotten that award, i bet its favoritism.

The same scenarios can be used in almost all awards based on personality and effort. I understand that you probably wont have an issue with not getting any rewards however not everyone has the same personalty and mindset as others. Im happy with rewards based on awards that has an black and white goal, Like post 500 topics. This is something everyone could do if they wished to, having an award for best topic of the month could cause issues in my opinion. I understand that the awards you posted is just suggestions to make your post more understandable and relocatable, but i thought id share my opinion.

I understand your points completely but I still stand behind the point that the vast majority will see it for what it should be ... Whilst as with anything in life a small portion of people may see it in the way you demonstrated above.

Old saying - Can't please everyone!

The above are examples and I think any would work but the concept in general I think is something still worth having.

p.s Sorry for the late response 🙂 

On 1/17/2019 at 1:06 PM, Sparky said:

Simple concept 🙂

Roleplayer of the month

Roleplayer of the year

Group of the month

Group of the year

Community member of the month

Community member of the year

etc

As seen above just a few short simple awards that can voted on by the community (to avoid it being a popularity contest) and awarded out to recognize those people in the community that are setting the highest standards. It also gives an opportunity to newcomers or those wanting to improve to recognize those individuals and perhaps seek guidance and advice. Obviously the suggestions above are just a basic outline the titles could be called anything really to represent the good that person had done 🙂

I was thinking perhaps the title could go under the red line as shown below.

LUWYeCb.png?1

Thoughts 🙂

I like this idea a lot and maybe 

- character of month / year 

I like the idea mate,wouldnt mind Jim getting something 😉

Yeah, I am all for bumping this thread and getting more opinions. I do like the idea.

This only gets my backing if I win stuff. #directorofdevelopment 🤣🤣🤣

48 minutes ago, Ashjones said:

You can win... Never mind I want this to get accepted so I will not say it 😂

3 hours ago, Ashjones said:

Director of Development. You only win something if you capitalize, please and thanks. 

• Haha 1

Can we have a managing director of the year award too?

• Haha 1

On 3/6/2019 at 3:56 PM, QuestionBox said:

Director of Development. You only win something if you capitalize, please and thanks. 

Wanna get banned m8

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ashjones said:

Wanna get banned m8

On 3/6/2019 at 4:22 PM, Wrighty said:

Can we have a managing director of the year award too?

This is not a meme thread you 2 ! 😂

2 minutes ago, Sparky said:

This is not a meme thread you 2 ! 😂

U wot m8 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Ashjones said:

U wot m8 

Meme of the year is between you and Wrighty !

Edited by Sparky

8 hours ago, Ashjones said:

Wanna get banned m8

That would be rude and you wouldn't.